kkell69

Help with HDD in DVR

Hi hope someone can help?

I have taken the hdd out of my dvr and connected it with a usb to ide cable.

I can get vista to give it a drive letter but it formats the drive.

When I put the drive back into the dvr it formats the drive back!

The card inside the dvr is Vineyard technologies and comes with PC Viewer software. This is fine but I was wanting to access the files direct and hope to copy them straight to a sd card. As it is too time consuming waiting to capture the streams.

Hope someone can help

Im afraid that is one of the security features of a DVR. to prevent access and alteration of the record files. I have a USB hard disk reader and have scoured the www for software to copy the files directly but unable to find anything as yet. even if the hard disk was accessible my recorded files still require the supplied software to view them.

Im afraid that is one of the security features of a DVR. to prevent access and alteration of the record files. I have a USB hard disk reader and have scoured the www for software to copy the files directly but unable to find anything as yet. even if the hard disk was accessible my recorded files still require the supplied software to view them.
Yep yep! The computer does not like the file format that the dvr puts on the hdd as a partition, which is why it's asking you to format.

Why is it you are trying to watch them on your pc? Does your dvr not do playback?

Thanks guys for the advice, I am a driving instructor and I am using the dvr to record the lessons and then want to drag and drop the files on to a pc or sd card so the learners can view them at home.