NigelB

GV650 & CD9040D3P Pulsating Night Image

I have recently purchased the GV650 with a CD9040D3P IR camera for home monitoring of the driveway. I am awaiting the wall bracket so decided to test the DVR and camera by positioning it on a window sill. The program ran all day and produced good images using motion detect (although a little sensitive). As the light reduced the camera image started to pulsate constantly. The camera wasn't moved at all from it's day position. This was using the 8.12 software. It seems as if that when the IR kicks in the camera image starts to pulsate. This was on the viewer and on recorded images. Using motion detect, this pulsating meant that it was constantly recording!

Is this a faulty camera? Or is it linked to the topic 10919 on this forum?

(Sorry, can't post link)

I'm new to this and any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Nigel

Does this pulsating occur roughly every 3 seconds?

When you view the playback is the pulsating visible?

When you connect the camera directly to a monitor ( a tv.), does it behave normally

If the answer is yes, then it looks suspiciously like the topic you mentioned, also take a look at 12377

The pulsating is happening every second on/off/on/off, no 3 second delay.

I'll plug direct into a monitor this evening to see if the same happens. I have captured both a daytime(Good) and Night(Pulsating) clips. The pulsating is visible in both view and playback. How can I upload the clips for comment?

Dear NigelB,

Have you tried using other camera , other than CD9040D3P? To see if the same condition happening. In addition, if possible, try to upgrade the software to version 8.2. Inside version 8.2, a function called Noise tolerance. I would like you to do a test for me. Enable this function in version 8.2, to see if the cameras, in motion detection mode , still record while pulsating.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 extension 287

Thanks for the advice, but I have now established that the same pulsating occurs when plugged directly into a tv monitor, and therefore this is not associated with the GV card. I have contacted my supplier, who have asked I send both the camera and power supply back to them. I am assuming that one or other may have a fault. I will update again when I hear back from the supplier.

Sorry for the delayed response, but I can now confirm that the original camera was faulty, and a new camera has resolved the issue.