Hello.

Im kinda new to all this cctv industry. I currently run a family restaurant and have a Geovision 1240-16 with 10 analog cameras hooked up. Mostly color 420tvline bullets, 2 - 480tvline pelcos and a supercircuits hi-res box cam for front entrance. I have looked at the picture reviews of the arecont 3130 megapixel cams or any of the megapixel cams and I would like to upgrade 2-3 of my current cams to those for criper image(front and back door, register)

my question is what do i need to buy to make these cams work with my existing geovision system or do i need to purchase something a standalone? camera? extra cables? hybrid cards?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Walter

Hi Walter,

As long as your DVR supports IP cameras and supports the models you want to use, you do not need any additional cards, etc. For instance, in a DVR that supports Arecont, you would simply plug the Arecont camera onto your network and then go to your DVR and configure the DVR to receive the Arecont stream.

That being said, you need to check whether

1) Your Geovision model supports IP cameras

2) Whether Geovision supports Arecont cameras (and which models).

Finally, if you are going to use megapixel cameras, be prepared to buy significantly more storage or to only store the video from the megapixel cameras for a few days.

Please let me know if you have feedback or further questions.

Best,

John

Hello.

Im kinda new to all this cctv industry. I currently run a family restaurant and have a Geovision 1240-16 with 10 analog cameras hooked up. Mostly color 420tvline bullets, 2 - 480tvline pelcos and a supercircuits hi-res box cam for front entrance. I have looked at the picture reviews of the arecont 3130 megapixel cams or any of the megapixel cams and I would like to upgrade 2-3 of my current cams to those for criper image(front and back door, register)

my question is what do i need to buy to make these cams work with my existing geovision system or do i need to purchase something a standalone? camera? extra cables? hybrid cards?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Walter

Megapixel cameras needs new cables, new computer and new software.

Regards

Krzysiek (Poland/Europe)

3 cameras with lens ~ 5000$ + PC (software usually gratis)