jack111

viewing avi files over lan no video seen

I have set up a computer with geovision version 6.05 7 cameras which is not connected to the internet. However it is connected to another computer via LAN . The folders on the geovision computer where the video files are recorded are set to share so that I can both view and change the files.

Now say I want to view some video files on the geovision computer I go to

\\geovisioncomputer\sharedfolder than find the file I want and click on it and the video files play in windows media player.

The problem is that files in the folders cam1 and cam2 play but the files in the other folder cam3 to cam 7 donot play all I get is a blank screen.

Things I have tired.

1] Trying to play the files in different video players like VLC or realplayers it does not help.

2] Disabling all firewalls involved. does not help

3] Tweaking windows media player settings. does not help.

I am surprised that I can play files in the shared subfolders cam1 and cam2 but cannot do the same in the other subfolders.

Have tried google but has provided no answers so far.

any ideas anybody thanks.

The files in the other subfolders...Are they recording properly? Verify that the files in those subfolders are not corrupted and have some kind of size to them. Just a thought!

[security Hombre]

Why not just use the remote client software? Much more convenient for browsing/searching recorded video.

Besides, you don't want to be "changing" the original files if you ever plan to use them for evidence of any sort.