nroberts

New Hi-Sensivity Sony CCD (ICX639AKA). You seen these?

I recently got the chance to check out these new Sony CCDs and they impressed me and they work alot better than Dual CCDs and Ex-view CCDs. If you havent seen these I encourage you check these out becuase the LUX is alot better. Let me know if you need a link.

Happy Hunting.........

If the pictures on the literature are accurate then they look good. As the improvements are at the blue end I guess they won't add much to day/night cameras though??

I think the reduction in power usage (heat!) will be useful. Can't wait to see the marketing that comes from these. Can't believe Sony haven't given them a name ala Exwave.

We are manufacturer, still haven't got any news from SONY guys about this chipset.

They always use new tech themselves, then sold to us to make as new products.

I Have One,And I Just Hooked It Up! It's 8:25P Est.And still Full Color!

Do you have any demo address to see it?

No I Do Not, Right Now I Am Standard Bench Testing,With Camera And Monitor I Do Think It Is An Improvement On The Arm Electronics CX-550.(Ex-View Color).Although The Camera The New Chip Is In Is A 100Ft. IR,D/N,ICR,The True Color Mode Stayed Surprisingly Longer,Maybe 20Min.Picture Not As Clear As A DSS In B/W Mode But Better Than The "Easy"D/N Cameras.Also Does Not Have That Lag Like The Slow Shutter.If Only Somebody Would Take The Best Of Certain Cameras And Combine Them To Make 1 Perfect Camera,But As You Know, Like The Real World--IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!