tracenet

Need a little help with NVR and Megapixel camera selection.

I want to incorporate a good software NVR solution into a Windows Media Center box. I am looking for the software to play well on a Windows framework. Any suggestions would be welcome.

The solution would have to support megapixel cameras in the 2 to 5 megapixel range. I am also looking for some suggestions on the cameras which will have to work outdoors and indoors, be day/night capable. I would also like the cameras to work on POE. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I want to incorporate a good software NVR solution into a Windows Media Center box. I am looking for the software to play well on a Windows framework. Any suggestions would be welcome.

The solution would have to support megapixel cameras in the 2 to 5 megapixel range. I am also looking for some suggestions on the cameras which will have to work outdoors and indoors, be day/night capable. I would also like the cameras to work on POE. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Please don't use Windows Media Center with any DVR/NVR software. You're buying nothing but grief and over paying for it.

Thanks for the warning. We custom design all of our media center boxes from scratch and write many of our own API's and menus for our boxes. I would like to add an optional CCTV product to our line as we have been asked for this in the past. Just would like to do alittle R&D for our products only.

Thanks for the warning. We custom design all of our media center boxes from scratch and write many of our own API's and menus for our boxes. I would like to add an optional CCTV product to our line as we have been asked for this in the past. Just would like to do alittle R&D for our products only.

Great. Given that 90% of the shell stuff should be trival to move over generic XP you'll be fine going that way. Window's Media Center comes with all kinds of lovely codecs and directX modifications. While it is entirely possible that you'll find someone it's not an issue with, you'll spend far more time doing the R&D then it's worth.

Do you have any ideas on NVR Software that you might be able to recommend?

How many cameras and what kind of price range are you aiming at?

I'm thinking from 4 to 8 Megapixel cameras per system. Mostly outdoor cameras. As far as price per camera I would like a good cameras from around 500 to 800 range.

I'm thinking from 4 to 8 Megapixel cameras per system. Mostly outdoor cameras. As far as price per camera I would like a good cameras from around 500 to 800 range.

Milestone

Video Insight

Luxriot

All of those might meet your needs.