cctv_down_under

Port Forwarding a Geo

Guys its been a while...

I am port forwarding a Geo box...I have port forwarded 90 and 91 (two dvr's and I changed the ports on the dvr) and can get the page to load remotely, but password isnt working, I know its the right password, because I can use that password via logmein to access the DVR settings.

So do you need to forward 4550 and 5550 as well (is there a password return or something) or could it be the way it was forwarded..I think only incoming was forwarded, so is there a return of password IE do you need incoming and outgoing to be forwarded on port 90 and 91.

So currently I have port 90 forwarding inbound to 10.x.x.220

and port 91 forwarding inbound to 10.x.x.221

I have set 10.x.x.220 ports as 90 for HTTP, + 4550 and 5550 but have only forwarded inbound 90 thus far

I have set 10.x.x.221 ports as 91 for HTTP + 4551 and 5551 but have only forwarded inbound 91 thus far.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Yes you need those 2 ports as well.

Data port is for the .. data .. eg. Video.

Command port is for the commands the activeX/Java sends to it.

I imagine commands would be such as for PTZ and Relays, though it is possible it is for everything the DVR's Webcam HTTP server responds to, with the data only being for the video. Its possible the HTTP port is only required for the browser as using it outside of the browser, we dont need to set an HTTP port. Since I dont have Geo's ActiveX and Webcam server code itself, I cant say for certain.