cadyg

AVTECH 760

My DVR is model 3 without the USB port.

My problem is; all of a sudden I am unable to back up any footage. It says after 16% "Download File Path is Invalid"

I'm not a novice when it comes to PC's and know how to assign file paths. It use to work fine, merrily downloading to my backup folder, when now it comes up with the error about the file path.

Please advise.

May be to large of a file. Fat32 will backup about 2gig file size and then will say out of disk space and doesn't save anything.

When you start the backup, where does it say it is putting your DVR files? By default it puts them on your C drive, but this isn't so good because the very drive you need working well for Windows, can get full very quickly.

If you have another hard drive in your computer with lots of space (e.g D) it's best to change the location. Open up their web server, top right icon 'System Setting' then go to General/File Paths and see where the files go or change it to another hard drive.

Because the backup files can be very large, It's a good idea to occasionally run Windows 'check disc' to see if the PC disc is OK before trying to backup files from the DVR.

I have the same problem. For the original poster the backup seemed to have worked on some point. Mine did not work from the beginning. There is plenty of space for my backup that's for sure.

Everytime I try to backup I get the "invalid file path" error after ca. 15%. At the download location it creates a file that is always between 850-900Kb.

I bought this unit from gadspot (GS1800), it seems to be AVTECH model 3 (no USB backup)

Thanks, Mark

I installed Video Web Server on another PC and the backup works. Tried uninstall/reboot etc on the other PC but I still get an invalid file path error. Both PCs are running XP and I can't see much difference in their configuration.