all-eyes-open

Clueless Newbie responds

Here is our basic needs, best as I can describe.

Again, being clueless to the brands (and I don't want to get caught up purely in brand recognition), I was hoping Astak was a decent brand--despite where it is sold--I realize many good brands make cheap models.

Our plans our for wireless, no one really electronically savvy here-so no routing of cables. We are hoping to place some cameras under soffit, and having the monitoring system on the main floor of our house. To answer the "wireless phone" question, our phones are 5.8 Ghz. We would prefer a wireless system.

Price wise--we would like to keep things under $1000 installed and ready.

Our basic needs are to monitor our house, we have also had some vandalism from some local teens, and would like the proof on video. In addition, I like to have the "extra eyes".

I am looking at night to see 30-50 feet, any further would then be onto neighbors' property. Color cameras and audio are definate pluses. We would like a 4 camera system with a 4 channel monitor (that can see all 4 cameras at once) and some sort of recording device (dvr pref.) I have a TV (LCD) but have thought about just having a laptop or regular desktop with DVR capability if that would work. I don't know if that would suffice, and what kind of cables I would need if it could work. An all-in-one system would be ideal. I have never looked at Costco==but I will scope it out. I attempted to have a link to the Walmart site, but was under 5 posts=so that failed.

I guess, we want a primo system for under $1000.

Astak CM-906D2 is the model we are looking at.

Thanks all!!

"eyes"

"eyes"

eyes,

No need to double post. It may have been an accident since you are new here. Users here do read posts. Having the same issue posted in different areas may discourage folks from answering. We'll answer your questions with the original post.

Hope my reply wasn't too negative.

"eyes"

eyes,

No need to double post. It may have been an accident since you are new here. Users here do read posts. Having the same issue posted in different areas may discourage folks from answering. We'll answer your questions with the original post.

Hope my reply wasn't too negative.

Not to harsh at all.

I'm going to reply in other threads and I'm sure once Collin wakes up he'll jump on and close the other ones.

Thanks,

John