NoFinga911

Home system to view front driveway and street...

There have been a lot of break ins and vandalism in my neighborhood so I want to have a good quality system to watch my home. I had two cameras and a dvr installed to watch the front of my home and the dvr is complete garbage and the cameras aren't really that great. I am looking for some good cameras that record clear picture during day and at night and that can also clearly display people faces for identification during day amnd night. I want to be able to angle them to catch both sides of my driveway and also the cars that pass by in the street. For the dvr I want something that can burn the footage onto dvd. Also it must have fast rewind and fast forward capabilities with enough space couple of days of straight recording. That's all I can really think of for now. I would like the dvr to be very user friendly. I do not want to spend a ton on top of the line but I would like some really good quality cameras and dvr. What can you guys recommend for me?? Thanks a lot

There have been a lot of break ins and vandalism in my neighborhood so I want to have a good quality system to watch my home. I had two cameras and a dvr installed to watch the front of my home and the dvr is complete garbage and the cameras aren't really that great. I am looking for some good cameras that record clear picture during day and at night and that can also clearly display people faces for identification during day amnd night. I want to be able to angle them to catch both sides of my driveway and also the cars that pass by in the street. For the dvr I want something that can burn the footage onto dvd. Also it must have fast rewind and fast forward capabilities with enough space couple of days of straight recording. That's all I can really think of for now. I would like the dvr to be very user friendly. I do not want to spend a ton on top of the line but I would like some really good quality cameras and dvr. What can you guys recommend for me?? Thanks a lot

Facial identification is really more about camera placement rather then camera type. Are you trying for facial ID's over a wide area (more then a few feet)?

Facial identification is really more about camera placement rather then camera type. Are you trying for facial ID's over a wide area (more then a few feet)?

It's hard to get facial ID from far away without a camera that you zoom into that area with. In my opinion either you're going to go for coverage on the entire area (wide) or you're going to go for a zoomed in spot hoping that whomever is vandalizing things comes into that specific area.

I have a great unit that is easy for everyone that I've sold it to to use and see very few of them ever come back being defective. It's a DVR046 and it's located on our web page! If you would like to take a second you can go to our website and go to the bottom left menu named "technical support directory" and you may download the manual to the unit and look it over if you like.

Anymore questions on this unit just let me know and I'll shoot you a reply asap! Concerning your cameras you will need to describe the area in which you are trying to cover so someone can give you a lens/camera recommendation.

Happy Monitoring!

John

To obtain more recording time, put your cameras on motion. With regards to storing video on a CD, we have been picking up USB sticks. Mostly 1gb. They store your video correctly and if the police are involved, they can just plug into their USB port and use it as another hard drive. Very simple.

They have no need for the client soft ware that came with you DVR. We have bee picking up those sticks for around 5 to 7 bucks. If you put your saved video on a CD, chances are you could bend it or scratch it and it won't work. The sticks make it handy and the police love them. I have been doing this for sometime now. We still use CD;s on occasional incidents but we have over 7500 locations and we try to take the easy road if possible. We are going to put our name on the sticks and inform them our pictures are copywrited. That way, if they are used by a newspaper or TV, they have to give our name as supplier. Good advertising.

We pickup 2 to 6 jobs each time they hit the local media