Sign in to follow this  
deserteaglexxx

Running power to outdoor domes

I need help with what I need to wire the outdoor domes for my cameras what size wire do I need the runs will be 80' max Pelco dome cameras are POE running with cat6. Just need to wire the domes for blower and heater. Thanks

At 58VA you can only run power for 31 ft with 22ga wire, 49ft with 20ga, and 78ft with 18ga. these are approximations using a caculator. are you sure that these are calling for 58va, just seems high, but then that could just be pelco.

92VA, thats almost a 4amp draw per camera, with that you would have to be running 16awg wire for power, which is good to approximately 100 ft with no appreciable voltage drop. I would try to keep the power supply as close to the camera as possible for that. Hope this helps.

I'm only talking about powering the dome with blower and heater not the camera, the camera will be POE. Do I need to just run the power to the transformer for the dome and the POE for the camera seperate?

According to the Pelco catalog, you need dedicated power supplies for each, and you are better off if you keep the power supplies local to the camera's. for example the camera requires a 50va transformer and the heater/blower a 40va transformer, which should be located close to the camera. Hope this helps.