drompalo

Geovision Firmware

I have a 8 port Geovision 650 card. How do I know what firmware chip I have? The only thing it says on the box is Geovision 650 8 Port Version 3.

On the card itself I show an SP chip. Is that the chip that needs to be upgraded to the S1 chip.

Thanks in advance,

Rompy

On the card itself I show an SP chip. Is that the chip that needs to be upgraded to the S1 chip.

Thats right, you need to upgrade the SP to S1 but only if you want to use V6.1 software, you can use up to v6.05 without any problems. I think the S1 chip was just a requirement for v6.1 software to beat dodgy cards, not firware as such. Hope this helps

yup, just an extra protection against piracy. if your card is genuine then you should have no problem. You can contact geovision directly as a matter of fact.

I contacted my dealer this morning (Sonerik Security) from Miami and they were more than willing to upgrade the chipset firmware. I just need to send in my card. Geovision insists that the dealers replace the chipsets even though I am more than capable.

Thanks everyone for your help

Rompy