jack111

Power failure auto reboot

Have a geovision gv800 card runing on windows xp pro.

How do I get the PC and geovision to restart in the event of a power failure.

thank you

get a $60 battary backup?

but the real answer is in your compuetr bios and has nothing to do with GV.

you looking for something like "POWER OPTION" once you there you'll see the option.

thanks sinbad.

how will the battery backup option help.

will it detect a power loss so that the computer switches off safely than reboots when the power returns ?

you can install the software that comes with the battery backup. I use APC or MinuteMan and both ship with a software that will shut down the PC after XX minutes of power failure but AFAIK you can't make it boot the PC when the power is back on.

I rarly actually install the software and just use the battery as a battery. 99.9% issues I had with power failure were just a few seconds off, like lightning storms etc, and I never reached the time needed for the battery to shut down the software. and I consider it a must and don't have any proposal without battery backup included.

Don't forget to have the cameras on the back up as well,(or the most important ones),, sometimes thieves will cut the power if they think there is a camera system installed, and dont forget to keep your DVR out of sight.

you can install the software that comes with the battery backup. I use APC or MinuteMan and both ship with a software that will shut down the PC after XX minutes of power failure but AFAIK you can't make it boot the PC when the power is back on.

Couldn't you enable "Wake on Lan" in BIOS?

Couldn't you enable "Wake on Lan" in BIOS?

Most BIOSes have a function to change the behavior of the power switch, usually with a setting that does exactly what you describe.

Almost all motherboards I've used have an option under the power menu in the bios for "After Power Failure" then gives you options of "Stay Off" or "Power On".

That's my experience with the pc side of it.

The Geovision side you simply need to install it and link the program into your "Startup" directory so the program will start with the computer boots up.

Good luck!