menotice

PTZ-out of control

How are you? I am new here and this is my first post. My surveillance video system includes a WV-CP464 camera with a Multiplexer and a Control Box(KBD4000) with PTZ.

First Issue:The problem occurs when panming to every direction for about 15 degrees of movement the video goes dark about 95%.

Second issue: Sometimes when using PTZ the camera spins around and around until I touch the PTZ in the oposite direction.

Some one suggested to change the RG59 cable from the transmitter to the camera. Can this kind of cable cause go bad and cause this kind of problems?

I would appreciate any kind of help I can get. Thank you.

The first thing to do is check the power voltage at the PTZ. For 24VAC, it should be at least 18VAC while moving, but I would recommend it be at least 20VAC. For 12VDC PTZ's you power should be at least 10VDC while the PTZ is moving.

Your video blanking is probably caused by worn slip rings. The rings that transfer video from the camera to the cable wear out & that is a typical symptom. I've seen good quality cameras develop this problem in a short amount of time if PTZ is constant or nearly constant. Pelco will rebuild them for you (I don't know about other Mfg's) but I'm thinking it ain't cheap.

Thank you very much for your inputs. I would like to update on my video problem. I checked the tramsmission box (MTM1600) next to the dome and there is an LED emitting a red light here. Reading the specification from the transmission box; if there is a red led light from the VLI and OLI indicators then there is a video input problem or an optical input not detected.

Note: By the way now I have two cameras spining uncontrollably when

using PTZ.

Please keep helping. Thank you

Never mind the transmitter red light indicators. this particular box has the power led only. I am still trying in my search for the problem. I am concluding that the problem is about power or the dome is faulty. Please keep posting inputs.b Thanks

Hello everyone, I have found the solution to my problem. when panning my PTZ in any direction the video display monitor goes dark at about 95%. Well, I kill the power to the camera, left it unpowered for 20 minutes or so, and then repowered back up. That did it!. My camera is working great. I still have the issue of sometimes spins around after using the PTZ left or right. I can deal with this for the moment.

Thaks for everything.

Hello everyone, I have found the solution to my problem. when panning my PTZ in any direction the video display monitor goes dark at about 95%. Well, I kill the power to the camera, left it unpowered for 20 minutes or so, and then repowered back up. That did it!. My camera is working great. I still have the issue of sometimes spins around after using the PTZ left or right. I can deal with this for the moment.

Thaks for everything.

That is because the PTZ Stop command is being lost between your controller and camera (or the controller is not sending it every time). I'd be checking that the joystick on the PTZ controller is returning back to the zero position every time its used. If not, it may not send the stop command. There should be adjustments or a calibration procedure for the joystick but you may have to return it for service.

There could also be a timing issue between the camera and controller or an intermittent comms problem causing lost PTZ data. How is the control data sent to the camera? Up the coax? Separate serial (RS232/422/485) cable? You need to be more specific about your setup.