acidburn

RG59 good enough for 300 Foot run??

Hello, This is my first time installing security cameras. I have the fundamental skills required to perform the installation. But I am wondering if RG59 cable is going to still produce a strong signal when a couple of the runs are around 300 feet.??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Thanks!!!

To answer your question:

I have 3 years experience doing electrical work. (Industrial, Residential) and I've been using computers for over 20 years. I also used to work security.

Yes, but at the same time, I'm curious as to what you mean by the fundamental skills....

Our Hurricanes gone Thomas!!!!!!!! \o/

Also yes, I agree with Thomas. You shouldn't have a problem with only 300ft on rg59. Is it a Siamese line or are you running your power wires separately?

Yes, but at the same time, I'm curious as to what you mean by the fundamental skills....

Our Hurricanes gone Thomas!!!!!!!! \o/

Also yes, I agree with Thomas. You shouldn't have a problem with only 300ft on rg59. Is it a Siamese line or are you running your power wires separately?

Meh, it wasn't even near me.

Sure running a line of 59U for just 300 feet, you shouldn't have any problem. I have run them at a length double that amount. The only problem is using a good camera. That's a must. If you know how to check resolution, you will see the difference. Long runs will give you a snowy effect like the old days when you used rabbit ears on the family TV.

Make sure your wire is of good quality copper, both inner conductor and

braid.