jturner67

Problem with DVR falling offline

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have a problem with my DVR falling offline after 1-2 days. My system setup:

Gadspot DVR>Belkin Router (Port 80)>westell modem (bridge mode)>dyndns host

I use the dyndns updater. Everything works fine for a while and then it is completely unaccessible. The only fix is to reboot the DVR. I am not sure what to do about it. Really annoying since I am on the road a lot. Please advise.

My wife rebooted the DVR last Thursday. I was fully expecting it to go offline over the weekend and I would then try to test communications ie. open port status, router, modem, etc. . Strangely, it has been fine since then. I run the DVR as Static. I do not run it as a service but I am interested in doing that. As far as the Latency issue, I assume that is not an issue since it has been up for 5+ days. I am still puzzled as to why it was going offline every 1-2 days and why it has now stayed online for 5+ days. Thoughts anyone?

Is it possible that you may have some camera inputs turned on that dont have camera feeds...some dvr's reboot to try to pick up a missing signal...what DVR is it?

Have you looked in the MS Event Viewer for the reboot info?