ect76

Kodicom DN3416 DVR Problems!

Hi All. First post, and found your site to be more or less the only place I could find with decent information on Kodicom systems!

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my work's full Diginet DVR cabinet box - Model DN3416. (Yes, it's genuine - It couldn't have Made in Korea stamped on it more times if it tried!)

I'm in the middle of trying to get it working again after a hard drive failure. I've replaced that drive and installed Windows 2000, along with the Diginet Suite v4.120 that we got from Kodicom Europe. I've also used the drivers included on the CD for the system. It now has just a little under 600gb of storage space.

I'm having issues though - I seem to have everything more-or-less working, with one big exception. When DN Site opens up, all 16 boxes where I would normally have camera images are black regardless of whether a camera is in or not. The green box around the camera squares seemes to respond to movement as normal, but again all that is recorded is black. (It does however show it's recorded something at the time of the movement, but it's nothing but black screen when viewed. )

I'm thinking it may be a driver issue, but given that I've spent the last 5 hours trying to get the damn thing to work and if it was my own I probably would have smashed it by now I thought I'd give in and ask the experts!

Any help appreciated - Work needs it back in about 24hrs!!

Ewan.

Edit: fixing strange wording. It's late!

Hi There -

Thanks for the reply. I could see the cameras in the Motion Setup bit. I should've probably posted back, but in the end I did get it working. I was trying to use Windows 2000 the first time - Gave up on that idea. Formatted again, installed 98, installed Diginet software & drivers, all other drivers, put DirectX on, and the ATI drivers and everything worked OK and it's been stable now for over a month.

Thanks,

Ewan.