thewireguys

Input for camera selection needed

87926_1.jpg

I need I know if WDR camera will get me a better image. The customer wants to know what people are carrying out of his plant and have facial recognition. So I have 2 options: One megapixel camera so he can have a overall shot and be able to zoom in on the doors. Two at least 3 cameras 2 of which are zoomed in on the door on the left and the walk way between the buildings on the right then one camera for a wide shot.

To further complicate things this has to be done wirelessly because the NVR will be located 3 buildings away. I know there is going to be bandwidth issues with the megapixel camera so I am trying to convince my customer to let me run a fiber or cat5 between the buildings but it will not be easy or cheap.

I am thinking about using Panasonic WV-CP484s and video servers for the WDR and a Arecont 3130 for megapixel camera. I really don't think the Arecont is going to give me a good image with the lighting conditions you see in the image. So I unless any one has a better idea I think the 3 Panasonics are the way to go.

You can try a basic CMOS megapixel camera. All CMOS cameras are WDR by default which will help with this lighting condition.

I have to say that this image looks extremely bad for any type of camera. Looks to me like a low end CCD with very bad gain control and white balance.

Thats what I love about IP cameras.. they never give you the specs of the camera they use inside.. only the specs and resolution of the webserver output.

You can try a basic CMOS megapixel camera. All CMOS cameras are WDR by default which will help with this lighting condition.

I have to say that this image looks extremely bad for any type of camera. Looks to me like a low end CCD with very bad gain control and white balance.

Thats what I love about IP cameras.. they never give you the specs of the camera they use inside.. only the specs and resolution of the webserver output.

That is cheaper analog camera hooked up to a AXIS video server