3RDIGLBL

Isn't there a good all around camera that exists!?

Thanks for the help guys.

So this is what I got.

ALC is selected and Super D3 is on. The level is set to between the 2nd and 3rd dot from the lowest.

AGC is set to HIGH but that is really for the low light setting.

My B/W mode is set to Auto1 - Level LOW

DNR is set to default HIGH

White Balance is AWC

Thanks,

Chuck

hi guys. i'm the one that suggested the arm camera,I found through my camera that the more level the plane of the camera in bright scenes,the tougher the camera seems to adjust itself.you may lose some of the further field of view,but for the heck of it ,try pointing the camera down an inch at a time,and you'll probably notice the brightness on the driveway lower down a bit.it worked somewhat for me.factory settings work the best also,dip#1up,234down.took me a lot of frustration to figure that out.just by chance by the way.this camera still has a great picture at night in low light,give us a comparison against the panny.Also I noticed in you office shot that the arm is pointed at the light a bit more than the panny! Good Luck and I'll still stick with the cx550dn for the money! Cha-Ching!! Love that sound.

Didn't turn out bad at all. Here is the install I completed this past weekend with the two CP-484 on the right side of the screen and two vandal proof Arm's on the left.

The upper right is mounted to a brick chimney and the lower right is at the peak of the front of their building. I don't like the location too much of the lower right but the customer wanted the flexibility of moving the camera if he wanted to in other parts of his parking lot. We settled there due to the low roof line and a lack of other install spots.

What you think? Those Pano's actually worked well which is my point anyhow.

4camtr2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Looks good

The colors look a little off on the cameras on the left or are those things really blue? But still decent shots.

Thanks Rory.

I know they're blue but I did not pay attention if they were that blue. I know the rugs there are dark green because I took one out last night to shake the pieces of drop ceiling and insulation off of it Those definitely look dark green.

I had to turn the brightness down a tad on the DVR at first because that white countertop was killing the contrast of the picture. The cash and counter looked as if they were one at first. I have to go back this week to adjust that cash cam a bit to the left. I noticed this afternoon that customers standing there were not easily seen unless they were right up against the counter. At the same time I think I will turn down the iris a tad, although it's not that bad, I might break it if I mess with it too much LOL!

Overall the customer is really happy with it so I guess that is what counts the most

Armyofone, I have not sent back the Arms yet but I am not going to mess with them anymore. No matter what I tried to do with both of those CX550DN the focus shift between day and night was so bad and noticeable. It was worse than the non-True Day/Night cameras I got although when they were focused at night the picture was outstanding until day time came around. Thanks for the tips though I appreciate it.

BTW: This was snapped at 7:15 this evening. Pano's on the right of course the Arm vandal domes on the left.

88483_1.jpgthpix.gif

I've only had a problem with one cx550dn,(as far as the focus shift is concerned),I talked the customer into upgrading from a c550dn to the cx model,and garranteed improvement,next morning he called and said there was no improvement, I checked recording,and it did act as an "easy" Daynight Camera.I put a box over it and could not hear the cut filter(I could have damaged it,for it was one in stock in van for months)Returned for new,installed &no problem. I heard that all mechanical Cut cameras have a slight shift ,though very minimal, and not to the extent you say.Also,I've seen the blue on greens as in your shot,some cameras With high sensitivity,seem to use more blue, IRE? I don't know,but it is adjustable to get correct color.I still think it's a great bargain for its performance,Without having to upgrade 1-2 hundred more per camera for same chip in more well branded cameras!It Seems as though your satisfied,and the pictures look great!Good Job!