chr1z

Crappy picture... any ideas? sample pic attached

One posting said "if you have a vari focal lens, set it to auto iris".. That's wrong, All vari focal are not auto iris. Many are manuel. If you throw the switch to auto iris and it is not that type. The picture could go blank and if that isn't the case, the AES would not operate and your camera would not have automatic light control. (AES automatic electronic shutter)

I understand that, however if the Bullet camera comes with an Varifocal lens, then it should be Auto Iris. If it isnt, then its the first of its kind as ive never seen or heard of a Day Night Bullet camera with a Manual Iris Varifocal Lens - anything is possible but in this case its highly unlikely. Remember these are not normal interchangeable lenses.

Thank you for clarifying that though

In one of those OSD settings it has a setting for sharpness, definitely try to move that all the way up. Not sure what that is even there for, maybe its a digital sharpness enhancer though and it might just mess up the image more.

If its a Varifocal lens, set the Lens to Auto Iris.

Set BLC Off.

Set AGC off - UNLESS the day nght on the camera only works with AGC on, which is the case with many OEM cameras these days, and that truly sucks!

I set AGC to off... I'll see what happens tonight when it gets dark.

I turned BLC off and it made my driveway so whitewashed you couldn't see the lines so I turned it back on.

I just want to be able to identify someone if they break in my house (again).

What do the members here do to prevent intruders from finding the DVR and stealing or destroying it? I've been wondering this for a while now, since my DVR has a fan and is easily heard once you're in the same room, plus it has all the cables coming out of it. It's not realistic to stream images to an external website without paying huge monthly fees. I've considered running a cable to a hard drive in a safe bolted to the floor, but my whole house is wood, and nothing could be made all that secure.

What do the members here do to prevent intruders from finding the DVR and stealing or destroying it? I've been wondering this for a while now, since my DVR has a fan and is easily heard once you're in the same room, plus it has all the cables coming out of it. It's not realistic to stream images to an external website without paying huge monthly fees. I've considered running a cable to a hard drive in a safe bolted to the floor, but my whole house is wood, and nothing could be made all that secure.

For starters, have a burglar alarm that wakes up the entire neighborhood

And i have a feeling, at least down here, they will steal it before they destroy it, perhaps mistaking it for a DVD device or PC.

Like rory said... have a loud siren or multiple sirens on your alarm...

Once your alarm is going off, hunting down a dvr is the last of their worries...

For starters, have a burglar alarm that wakes up the entire neighborhood

And i have a feeling, at least down here, they will steal it before they destroy it, perhaps mistaking it for a DVD device or PC.

How did the camera work after you turned AGC off? The biggest problem I see with your camera's is that the majority are 1/4" ccd, but that is not a major problem, you can upgrade to better the next time. With the BLC and the camera looking at your driveway, if you do not have any direct light shining into your lens, you should not need BLC on, you may need to adjust your autoiris settings a little but that you should do closer to dusk.Hope this helps.