metafizx

how well do PTZ and Motion Detection mix ?

hi,

Need to cover a large outdoor area and considering using IP PTZ cameras.

But wondering how well motion detection works in the NVR with the programmed patrol patterns..

Can this work reliably without generating lots of FPs ?

Motion detection is not going to work if the camera is consistently moving.

If you have the camera running a guard tour but you have the camera pointed in one direction for say 30 seconds the move to a new location for 30 seconds then you can use motion detection. I know with Aimetis you can setup different motion settings at each location unlike using the cameras motion detection.

Any chance you can use motion detectors hooked up to the I/O ports on the camera?

hi,

Need to cover a large outdoor area and considering using IP PTZ cameras.

But wondering how well motion detection works in the NVR with the programmed patrol patterns..

Can this work reliably without generating lots of FPs ?

You'll generate a pretty constant stream of false positives. No, there is no magic solution for it.

The problem with motion activated PTZ is how can the camera determine which bit of motion you want to see...the bird flying past or the man holding a gun...

The best way is to use as mentioned alarm sensors to detect an event and trigger the camera to that position, the best option is to set small perimeters with perimeter beams and make throttle points as best you can.

I still think motion detecing PTZ is a good idea becasue having it move to something when not being controlled is a lot better than it looking at nothing