Sign in to follow this  
smittyjf

GView Problems

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but have worked with geovision software for the past 5 years. I manage a grocery store (1 of 9 in the chain). Each store has some version of a GV card in it. I've worked with most versions of the software, but I just recently installed a GV 800-4 BNC in my home.

I'm running v8.2 and have everything tweaked just the way I want it. I can use any of the remote programs (both within LAN and remotely from work) I have all ports forwarded for each individual remote program in my router, but I am having 1 problem.

I have an ATT tilt smartphone with wifi and I cannot access remotely with Gviewv2. I have the correct ports forwarded, the Mobile tab checked in Webcam and Webcam is running.

I get a Connection and then a quick "Disconnected" on the phone. It dosent show any video, just a connection and right after that a disconnect.

I tried removing all the other ports and just run 8866 and 5511 or just one of those, but no go.

I can connect fine with IE on my laptop both within lan and outside.

Also, I cannot get MSview to work either.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but have worked with geovision software for the past 5 years. I manage a grocery store (1 of 9 in the chain). Each store has some version of a GV card in it. I've worked with most versions of the software, but I just recently installed a GV 800-4 BNC in my home.

I'm running v8.2 and have everything tweaked just the way I want it. I can use any of the remote programs (both within LAN and remotely from work) I have all ports forwarded for each individual remote program in my router, but I am having 1 problem.

I have an ATT tilt smartphone with wifi and I cannot access remotely with Gviewv2. I have the correct ports forwarded, the Mobile tab checked in Webcam and Webcam is running.

I get a Connection and then a quick "Disconnected" on the phone. It dosent show any video, just a connection and right after that a disconnect.

I tried removing all the other ports and just run 8866 and 5511 or just one of those, but no go.

I can connect fine with IE on my laptop both within lan and outside.

Also, I cannot get MSview to work either.

Any ideas?

Jeff

I have same problem too. Install on your smart phone gview for pda (none Gview v2 ) and it is work. Gview v2 dont work with GV 8.2 (I dont know reason)

I found a patch that overwrites the video lost and brand Bitmaps in one of the folders. I rebooted the computer and gview, msview 2 and 3 all work now.

It seems webcam in 8.2 is buggy. I just enabled it to use gview and it was freezing and would not respond. All works well after this simple patch. I'm not sure why changing a few bitmap logos fixed it but it did. I found it on another forum.

To find it, do a google search for "gviewv2 disconnected" and it will show you.

Smitty

I have tried GView on three V8.2 systems, and I can only get it to work on one. I have un/reinstalled about a dozen times. Not only does it not login, it seems to disable webcam altogether. It’s a little frustrating, I have spent a lot of time on this! I suppose it gives us something to look forwarded to with version 8.3 next year. Let’s hope all goes well with 8.3! The remote access is the best selling feature of GeoVision for me. It justifies the higher price. I will try the patch from ezcctv, I already use the custom logo however….