skycam

Live video capture any recommendations???

Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this.

I want to capture video and be able to control an analogue video camera from my laptop including zoom etc. What do I need in terms of hardware and software to make this happen with video editing and burning if possible. Thanks for your comments in advance. Oh and can anyone recommend an analogue video camera?

Well first of all, how much "control" are you after? Most software will allow you to zoom on the captured image, but it will get very blocky, very fast. If you want to actually control things like camera movement and optical zoom, you need a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera, and those tend to be a lot more expensive.

Which leads to the other question: how much are you expecting/planning/willing to spend?

Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this.

I want to capture video and be able to control an analogue video camera from my laptop including zoom etc. What do I need in terms of hardware and software to make this happen with video editing and burning if possible. Thanks for your comments in advance. Oh and can anyone recommend an analogue video camera?

Is this a security project or something like recording for broadcast?