megaserve

12 camera's on 3 different displays! do i use 3 dvr's or 1?

Hi i have a client who wants to have 3 displays (monitors) each showing 4 camera's.

I was thinking that it would be best to use 3 separate 4channel dvr's?

Does that sound right, or is there a way to do it with just one dvr?

as far as i see most dvr's can only output 1 channel to a display, either via bnc,vga,svideo..

But i dont see any that can have 3 separate displays?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hi i have a client who wants to have 3 displays (monitors) each showing 4 camera's.

I was thinking that it would be best to use 3 separate 4channel dvr's?

Does that sound right, or is there a way to do it with just one dvr?

as far as i see most dvr's can only output 1 channel to a display, either via bnc,vga,svideo..

But i dont see any that can have 3 separate displays?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Some of them have multi-monitor support or allow multiple instances of a remote client. That would allow for what you're looking for.

You may want to consider using IP cameras with NVR software on running on a PC with a graphics card which supports multiple monitors.

Your client wants to display these cameras, but does he want to record them? If not, you don't even need a DVR, just some quads.

For that matter, even if he does want to record, a single DVR and three basic quads would do the job nicely. Here's an example (not recommending this in particular, just an example I found). Most of these have video pass-thru inputs so you don't have to use splitters on your lines.

I am not sure if you want the same four cameras on each monitor or what. If that is the case, just get a video distribution amp. just take a lead from the video out of a DVR into the amp and the output of the video amp normally has 4 videos out. Connect your monitors on these outputs. You should pickup a good amp for about 50 bucks.