compostqueen

NV3000 Audio Add-on NOT

Installed the NV3000 w/audio add-on but it doesn't seem to be. Have microphone icon in corner of camera one (only one you can run this from), which changes from white to green with no discernable motive (can't find recorded stuff from relevant time period). Using CMOS minicams w/electret microphone. Tested them through television using same cord setup as intended w/PC and they work fine, so it isn't the distance eating power as previously suggested by Aver techie who advised I probably needed a powered microphone. Have had some trouble w/PC blowing audio codec's since starting (probably my fault not Aver's) and did reinstall some because personal movie files weren't playing noise - now they are but still missing noise from online news broadcasts. Nevertheless, seems to me that if the device detects and records the noise (I set camera up for noise detection and also for manual recording and nada) even if I can't hear it playing back a recorded file would exist after and it's up to me to replace the codec so I can hear it. Previous techy also said something to the effect television could broadcast to card to check if card was working but my TV only has in ports not out. I'd be grateful for any troubleshooting protocol or experience with these anyone can provide.