Converting camera to true color day/IR night

Hey, great site! I'm hoping someone can help me here. What I have is a cheap little DV camera called a Jazz. Using PIR motion detection, the camera is set up to record video of wildlife. As it comes, it is a color camera, but by removing the lens and replacing it with one without the IR cut filter, it sees IR very well. However, now the daytime images are very much red. I found an exchanger made by a company, and have managed to fit it to the camera, but it is expensive.. $35 plus $14 shipping, and it takes a lot of modification to use it on this camera.

I wonder if anyone knows where I might find something like this...for less $$$ I have tried the M12-EXM-IRC21 and CCX-EXM-IRC21 sold by Sunex, and that's all I have found. Maybe some day/night camera maker that offers parts??? The lens used will be an M12x0.5 board camera lens. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I do have the chip part covered, I built a homebrew controller that operates it just fine. I'm just wanting to find a better alternative for the mechanical part. This ICR LEns you speak of, can you point me to one to look at...I have never heard of that???

Here is a picture of what I'm speaking of...picture borrowed from their site. I had to grind it thinner and make an adapter for it to fit my camera, which I don't mind, if it was cheaper to buy.

1880197903_exchanger(Small).jpg.edc16a0a7296cb7f48ab191ca37a01d2.jpg

That's a sweet little design. I usually did fixed IR but automatic sounds nice. Did you get it to work? Where did you buy that filter mount? I would like to try on some cameras.

I don't know how they feel about posting links on here, but Google the part numbers I posted in the first post. There is only one place to get them as far as I know. Yes I have gotten them to work, but for $50 just for the exchanger, shipped, it's not worth it. That's why I am asking if anyone knows of a cheaper one.