dcam

GV Video Server

I'm looking at using GV video server's as a solution for a client that needs only 1 or 2 cam's in each of his shops.

My question is, can I put an external usb hard drive on to this to record, and subsequently view recorded images via Internet.

In the documentation , it leads me to believe that this is possible, but its all very vague. I don't want to use GV ip cameras because they are too expensive and they need a separate pc to upload the video continuously from all the sites. Has anyone experience with GV video servers?

Hello dcam,

Yes, you can put external hard drive attached to Video Server.

Yes, you can view playback via internet by using Remote Viewlog Application, which is included in 8.2 installation CD.

By the way, GV IP cam can't attach external HDDs. Besides, GV IP camera must integrate with GeoVision main system in order to review the playback.

Sincerely,

Andy Chen, GeoVision Technical Support

Thanks Andy, thats good news, I have another Question, is there anyway I can integrate POS into this sistem.

Thanks Dominic

Hello,

If you are talking about GV Video Server, then NO...

But what you can do here is to integrated GV Video Server with GV NVR or GV DVR then you can integrate with POS machine.

Sincerely,

Andy Chen, GeoVision Technical Support