xnaron

Ether (wapa) 9808 dvr card and problems in newer mainboards

I received the ether 9808 card and tried to install it in my Asus p5K deluxe intel core 2 duo motherboard. The mother board has a red light on each PCI slot if it detects a problem with the inserted card. I tried the card in all 3 pci slots and the red light for each came on respectively. I tried booting anyway but XP did not find any new hardware. I tried installing the software but it said no card detected and exited.

I moved the card to another newer PC (Asus Rampage motherboard) with intel core 2 duo. I booted into XP and it found PCI to PCI bridge but no devices listed in device manager. I should see some unknown devices. I tried installing the software but it said no card detected and exited.

Do these cards have problems running in newer PC's or did I just get a defective one?

Any ideas appreciated.

thanks,

Brendin

I guess a better question is does anyone have this card working with a X48 or P35 intel chipset motherboard?

I got the card working last night in an older Asus Intel P4 2.53Ghz with ATI 9800 radeon AGP graphics card.

Is this card only compatible with old hardware?