wattwire

Norcal in da House!

I've been a semi-lurker for too long and it's about time I participate a little more in this forum. First, let me say I'm a low-voltage contractor starting a CCTV installation business in the Bay Area (California). I have to say I absolutely love this forum and quite enjoy the friendly and informative nature of the posts. There's just a lot of cool people here talking about a field/business that I find really exciting and full of opportunity. I look forward to participating more and putting up some thought provoking posts (on topic, of course). Unfortunately I'm really busy now and probably won't be able to check in on a daily basis, but I'll do my best.

Cheers, -Dave Watt

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Thanks Rick!

As you might have seen, I'm already causing trouble trying to figure out what's up with the AVtech published specs on their 8/16 dvrs--see my post in the standalone DVR section: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14604.

I'm currently shopping for a line of 8-16 ch standalone DVRs for my installation business and am absolutely pulling my hair out. I find one that is 95% there...and then discover a limitation that I just cant swallow. Lately, it's been playback features. I'll save this rant for another section where it belongs.