clyptos

Newb question involving PC DVR CARD and external multiplexor

Hey guys. I'm kind of a newb at this stuff so please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

Here's the issue. Currently our security system setup is the old style 16 port multiplexor feeding into a time lapse vcr. What I'm trying to do is eliminate the VCR and record digitally on to a PC through a DVR card.

I bought a cheap 4 port DVR card for testing purposes and plugged the multiplexor into it. Seems to work ok as far as viewing goes, but Is there a way I can get this to record all 16 feeds to the DVR card and watch them back individually like I could on the VCR?

Anyway, here is the equipment I have:

Multiplexor: Sensormatic RV2216 Duplex Multiplexor

DVR PC Card: AVerMedia NV3000 (4 port)

Thanks in advance.

Anyone? A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

So you're trying to feed a 16 in, 1 out multiplexer into a DVR card? You won't be able to pull the cameras back out into single streams. You need to use a sixteen port card.

I figured as much but was clinging on to hope.

I found this card yesterday for about $400:

GeoVision-GV-600-Card

I have no idea of it's quality though. Do any of you guys have a recommendation for an inexpensive 16 port DVR card (sound not necessary), and/or a good website to buy through? Thanks.

-Mike

I figured as much but was clinging on to hope.

I found this card yesterday for about $400:

GeoVision-GV-600-Card

I have no idea of it's quality though. Do any of you guys have a recommendation for an inexpensive 16 port DVR card (sound not necessary), and/or a good website to buy through? Thanks.

-Mike

Try VideoInsight?