I got a Q-see QSPDVR04 4 channel card running just one camera. Here is what happening.

Card and software install just fine. Can configure software just fine and it seems to be running just how I want it: motion detection, playback of events etc.. all great. The only problem is it causes my cable modem to stop working. When I set software to low res recording, modem lights are normal. Just can't get to any website. Just sits there. If I set software to hi res I get Power, Receive(blinking) and PC Activity(blinking), no send or Online. I'm not trying to set this up for remote viewing, just local recording. I've tried reloading software and even used some Swann software with same results. When I switch PCI slots, no change in modem. Also when I disconnect the video feed in about a minute modem is back up and running.

Computer shows no conflicts, I can run other software (word, scabble even virus scan runs it's normal auto run) with "super DVR" software running. Just the modem issue is driving me nuts.

My system should meet requirements. I'm running a Dell xps 410 P4 1.66 ghz duo core, 1GB ram, geforce 7300 LE 128Mb and Intel P-965 express chipset with Windows XP Media Center Edition with all current updates. Nic card is Intel 82566DC gigabite intergrated on motherboard. Cable modem is Motorla SB5101. The only drivers not updated are the Intel Chipset. CPU usage is always under 10% and available RAM is over 400MB. Just that darn modem.

Any ideas.

This doesn't make any sense - is your cable modem an internal card? If it's an external box of some sort, as almost all of them are, I don't see any way your capture card could be affecting it. It might be conflicting with your network card, but that still should have no effect on the modem...