3RDIGLBL

Multiple Hosts DMMultiview v8200

When launching the DMMultiview there is a dropdown for the HOST but I can only put one host in there.

Is there a way of putting multiple hosts and save the passwords for those hosts?

I have many customers who allow me access to their installs but keeping a cheatsheet of the host name, username and password for each customer on me is not very convenient.

Even my low cost DVR software allows me to have multiple hosts along with saving the login information for each.

Thanks

**bump**

I assume there is no way to have multiple hosts in DMMultiview? How does an individual with multiple locations save each location within multiview without using the control center software? Is this an oversight in the software or am I missing something?

Thanks

Wow thanks for the detailed response and I will hang on to this thread. I, however, was not looking for having multiple sites on one screen but to have the option of selecting a site from the HOST drop down on the DMMultiview.

Here is an example. I have two customers each with their own xxx.dipmap.com address and each has their own user and password of course.

If I want to go into customer A's system I have to remember the site address, the user name and password of the top of my head or look it up in some file someplace and then I go to EDIT enter the HOST info in there and then login with the USER and PASS. Customer B's system would be the same thing.

Would be great if the HOST drop down box would have the different site address saved so I would not have to remember each of my customer sites by heart.

I have embedded DVR's where I can add a new HOST along with the user and password and save them. If I have 5 customers then I can select any of the 5 without having to remember what the site, user and pass was for each. I've had a couple instances where a customer called me while I was on the road and I has to log in. It was nice because it was one of the embedded systems and all there information was saved within the application.

Hopefully I cleared the muddy water a bit. I sometimes have difficulty explaining myself or I over explain

Thanks

OK, I think I know what you want.

Just go to every individual site with your laptop, and when you are on each site , click on "save camera to multible host" ( bottom right ), fill in host name (xxxx) and password, never mind the "please key-in user name and password" ( I really dont know what that's there for ) then you will get a whole list of your sites ( top right ), just double click on any one and it will go directly to the site without any password .

Thanks.

That all works very strange in GV. It's all clear as mud

I added the sites under the Add HOSTS option and I created a group called customers. I filled in the information as requested and as long as I have already logged into one system the other systems will be available to choose from.

The problem I have is when going into the program for the first time. The initial Login Screen. The first selection is Default:xxxx.dipmap.com and then you have to enter the User Name and Password. I now also see the customers I added in the drop down menu.

Now here is what's happening. If I select a customer from the drop down menu it asks for the Username and Password still.....but I had already entered it when I created a new host. Why is it in the drop down if I can't use the new host information from the initial login screen?!? SO anyhow I select the customer and I enter the Username and Password, for giggles, and I get back a wrong User and Password error......so I try it again this time I do not enter any username and password and now DMMultiview is stuck saying CONNECT TO SERVER......no error no nothing as I'm writing this it has been sitting at the same CONNECT TO SERVER for almost 5 minutes. I need to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it out.

Why in gods name did they have to create this like this....I already don't want to build another GV system. They should have had a CREATE NEW HOST on the Login Screen so one could have a selection of which host to connect to at the onset.

The more I use this interface the more I become flustered with it. I think I'm going to give NUUO a shot. The heck with this old fashioned cluegy interface which my customers can't seem to figure out either. I'm always getting calls of how to get through it and it's just frustrating. In the words of our new president to be....."IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE"

First of all , do you not have one user name + password as administrator for every site, and give your clients a different user+ p/w as user or power user.

I dont think it will work the way you want it to, but if you do it as described in the last post , by logging on to any one site, and then double click on any of the other sites you have added on the top right , it will bring you directly to the site without asking for a password.

I fully agree with you about the messy procedure involved. It should be easy to use for a costumer, after all video surveillance is not their line of business, its just a tool for them , and it should be as easy to use as a hammer, if at all possible.