genealle

Need a cheap deer/bird camera rec

My wife has somehow turned the back yard into a feeding zoo and now wants video of the critters. (I think I married Ellie Mae Clampet)

She especially want to see the deer that only come in at night, but also the birds and squirrels during the day.

Anys recs on weather to go B&W low light or infrared with an illuminator? Will the IR look OK during the daylight?

Distance from camera mount to animals will be 15 to 20 feet.

I have a PC input card that I will set for record on motion so I guess I just want straight RCA or BNC connectors??

Thanks!

You could get Everfocus EZ180 - $200 retail, EZ300 - $300 or EZ550 - around 450$, depending on what your budget is. Their image quality is great. They are one of the more affordable quality brands, you can google them. Anything below this is a gamble IMO, and even if you manage to get something cheaper I doubt the images will be satisfactory.

You could get Everfocus EZ180 - $200 retail, EZ300 - $300 or EZ550 - around 450$, depending on what your budget is. Their image quality is great. They are one of the more affordable quality brands, you can google them. Anything below this is a gamble IMO, and even if you manage to get something cheaper I doubt the images will be satisfactory.

I bought some el-cheapo card off Ebay and fed my camcorder into it for a test. The $10 card actually works and I can see the image, but the included software is pure crap. Almost all characters appear as question marks and thus it's pretty much useless.

It appears to be a Star ImaVision PCI card. It came with software called Peak(???) can't seem to find anything that works with it. Tried PICO2000 but it locks up XP when started. haven't seen anything lock XP up that soldid in quite a while. Ya get what ya pay for.

Any ideas out there???