snyder

video lost (need some help)

GV 1480 on a intel mobo 945 chipset, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz, core 2 duo 2.66 533 FSB, 4 sata2 TB seagates. Upgraded from 8.12 to 8.2 4 months ago. Running fine for 8 months and out of nowhere, video lost. Restart server or multi-cam fixes but it eventualy looses it several times daily. This happened to me about 4 months ago so I buttoned up the coax going to the pig-tails and that took the strain off the pigtail. That stopped it but now here it is again. Do the pigtails go bad? Any ideas out there. If my client needs footage for a period when it was down they will not be happy.

FYI: I have 6 servers running the 1480 at this location and 2 of them are doing this.

If it was a loose connection , rebooting would not help, so the case 4 months ago seems unrelated.

If you have a problem with 2x servers , then I would be inclined to think it might be a camera problem, one bad camera can sometimes crash/freeze the system , have you maybe the same camera type on both servers?

There are a variety of cameras and many are the same. On one of the servers that was having this problem, i disconnected and reconnected all the BNC connections to the octopus cable and I have not had that problem. I was not as lucky with the other. I cant imagine why one camera could take down the system. Any help would be nice, Thanks

Try disconnecting all camera's, reboot the DVR, and reconnect ine by one , and see if one of them causes a problem.

I have had this problem a couple of times with a " one cable camera " system, where the power supply sits between the camera and the DVR

Wishing everyone the Best for the Holidays.

I lost video after doing the last windows security updates and cannot figure this one out. All my settings are the same. Using my portable display device and hooking direct into the camera cable feed it shows the stream but using the feed through the GeoVision software I get "Video Lost". I am using versions 8.2.

If I uninstall GeoVision and reinstall it is there a way I can save my settings or do I have to write them all down so I just go back in and set them up again?

I sure wish GeoVision would port to Linux because Windows has way to many flaws and they keep finding more everyday. I would even volunteer to write the drivers for Linux if GeoVision would allow it. Since we use Remote View the computer has to have Internet access plus we are using wireless transmissions for the cameras because of County laws where we are at which require all lines to be buried and the business just cannot afford that. All camera feeds have video and the lost is in the GEOVision soft wear.

For those of you who get to this post, the only way I was able to resolve my "video lost" issue was to do a clean install of windows and geo software ver 8.2. So far so good. I originally had ver 8.12 and upgraded. I am guessing that is where the trouble stemmed from. Good luck.