oscar34

2 cameras need to be viewed on TV as well as to be recorded

I have 2 CCD cameras, CCTV cable, 4 channel DVR card, PC and analog TV.

I want to be able to view and record the views of these 2 cameras on my PC. (which I can do it now, with no problem). But how do i do this: To be able to see the views of these 2 cameras on TV in another room. Can CCD cameras connect to TV directly and see the views? Or do i need another device between camera and TV? I cant take any TV out from DVR card, it has only 4 camera channels entries thats all. Can anyone help on this issue please. I would be grateful.

Firstly, the video signal from your CCD-based camera is 1Vp-p composite video signal, which is compatible with those of your TV.

Now, your camera is connected to the DVR directly. What you need to do is this:

1. remove the existing connection to the DVR

2. the camera is connected to the Coax-splitter (see image).

3. connect the coax-splitter to the DVR

4. have another coax cable from the coax-splitter connect to the BNC-RCA converter (see image)

5. and connect the RCA end into the TV.

this should solve your problem

1974506027_BNCSplitter.jpg.4aa8a4984701cfa86579e63f3362b9b6.jpg

BNC.jpg.a4505c19c6bc406d545b6b6a5b9dc267.jpg

That's a good start, but oscar wants to view BOTH cameras on the TV. That means either a TV with two available composite inputs (and then you have to switch them using your TV remote), or some sort of switcher, quad, or multiplexor.

Since many (most?) of these devices allow you to daisy-chain the video through them, you won't need the BNC T-adapters (which, BTW, degrade your signal). In this case, you'd run the cameras into the channel IN jacks on the switch/quad/mux, then connect cables from each channel OUT jack to the DVR... then run cable from the switch/quad/MUX's MAIN OUT jack to the TV.

I split off the coax as mentioned above, and then feed each camera into a Channel Plus video modulator, putting each camera onto a separate TV channel.

The output is fed into the house cable TV run, and I can see the cameras from any TV in the house. I had to put a "trap" into the cable TV feed to give me some blank channels I could use.

If you have a video card with a TV output, you can also feed your PC display back into the cable TV with a modulator. Note that you will loose some quality in the conversion to RF.