jigiman

geovision problem

after virus scan. i cannot use the geovision software. i ran the GV800.exe. but i cannot see the main screen. its running in the process. any idea anybody whats goin on. help me pls.

after virus scan. i cannot use the geovision software. i ran the GV800.exe. but i cannot see the main screen. its running in the process. any idea anybody whats goin on. help me pls.

you need to re-install gv main

i did reinstall the main, but still was the same problem. i was not able to view or use the main screen. but gv800.exe was still running in the processes.

i did reinstall the main, but still was the same problem. i was not able to view or use the main screen. but gv800.exe was still running in the processes.

When you re-install gv you need to restart pc , delete gv folder, and than to install gv main.

Why do you use anti virus in the first place, If you use only the Geovision application , and you don't use internet , and you put it behind a router with firewall, then there is little chance of intrusion, although lately the nature of attacks have maybe shifted a little . Maybe I'm behind here, correct me if i'm wrong but I would never consider using anti virus on a DVR for exactly the reason (problem) you have mentioned, it can cause all sorts of problems. + you have to regularly update the anti virus. That's also why I turn off MS. updates.

Once I had a trojan on a DVR, but I inadvertently put it on my self , with a contaminated usb stick. Apart from that ...nothing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For one if you are running a remote monitor using computer to computer or other methods you better have a active A/V plus a firewall with Geo ports allowed. Also with users carrying flash sticks or usb sticks another reason to have a a/v. Better to be safe than sorry later. When you run a a/v select what you want it to scan thus eliminating the possibility of corrupting your GEO Vision software.

Also I been running GEO Vision for 3 years and use a A/V and never had it corrupt the software so either you had something on your computer or you tagged a file and deleted it from the scan or look in quarantined as it may be there and restore it if it is a working part of GEO Vision. I do hope you place files found in a scan in quarrantine instead of outright deleting them.