Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

Dark Panasonic CP-484

You may remember this install I did this past summer where I used a couple Panasonic CP-484 camera along with a couple indoor ARM Domes...

I have one of the CP-484's which seemed to have darkened on me. Not sure what happened and the only change now to when I initially installed then is the snow! I though the picture settings were the same on both cameras but you will see the other outside CP-484 cam looks wonderful. Not sure what could cause the darkened picture. I don't check the cams often and I just happened to check it out this morning because we had a cold night up here and I saw this darkened camera. Now it could be that the heater isn't working in the housing but the customer states it has been like that for a little but they thought nothing of it.................Is it bad, is it the snow, is it a bad setting?

It is mounted in a difficult spot so it would be tough to get up in this location with the snow and ice up on the roof. Not a pleasant idea to carry a ladder around on a slopped snowy roof

Thoughts on this?

92421_1.jpg

Thanks

check the bnc on the dvr end first before u go up on the roof, maybe it got loose or some of the braid has found its way on the center conductor

but if the heater has quit on that housing you need to get it fixed soon with the winter

Thanks griffonsystems,

I'll check that first if the customers ever gets back to me about trying to address the issue. This was a proactive observation on my end as I happened to log in and see that but I guess if the customer don't care about fixing it then that isn't my problem I tried..........lol