MarquetteDominos

Looking to replace 16ch pc based dvr Budget around 3.5k

I am in need of replacing a 16 channel linux based dvr. We only had 6 sony cameras being used and will be looking for 10 more. 2 outdoor and 8 inside.

I am more interested in good quality pictures rather than a brand name. I have looked into a used Pelco system but am worried about dependability.

There is a Pelco DX8116-750 DVR on ebay with 11 Peak cameras model CMD525A549 for 3k.

Most of the recording will be well lit. I need the ability of internet viewing.

Are you looking for real-time recording, or is 30 fps acceptable?

Do you have the PC already or are you getting a new one?

30fps would be fine. I do not have a pc. I may consider a stand alone dvr as long as I can log in remotely.

There is a Bosch Divar DVR16H2302 on ebay now for 1700.00 that I am researching. It seems to have everything that I need.

If it was me, and the quality was not imperitive, I'd probly go with one of the low end eBay model DVR cards. I've used them in the passed for 'budget' clients. They work fine, but the picture quality is not the best. They range from $140 to $500 for a 16 line system that runs in a Windows XP box.

For the PC, I went to tigerdirect.com and got a refurbished winXP box (Intel chipset) for under $200. Add a monitor if needed while your there, flatscreens are pretty cheap now.

On the other hand, I would expect less problems from the standalone DVR system as the are not subject to virus's and constant Window's updates.

Good luck with your system. I know it can be rather intimidating if you don't put many of these together, so ask lot's of questions here.

-Rob