3RDIGLBL

Another Fiber Question/PTZ Over Fiber?

We use both Meridian and IFS modems to xmt/rcv video and relay PTZ - usually by RS232 which necessitates a 485/232 converter at the camera end. IFS and Meridian also make modems that can do everything by 485 as well. It isn't difficult. Just follow the appropriate wiring instructions.

hi 3RDIGLBL,

actually it is not so complex as you thought on fiber transmission.For 8ch PTZ, if all the cameras are near close, you can choose a 8ch fiber Tx&Rx with 1ch data (make sure what kinda of fiber,single-mode or multi-mode, and what's the data protocol for the PTZ)

if every camera are located not so close, you can choose 8 individual 1ch Tx, Rx in a rack case.

check the file attached.

Well this customer is in a stand tight mode so I have no idea if this job will happen or not. Most customers I run into nowadays are using this stand tight approach. Tough out there folks.

Hey Vadsys, I don't see an attached file.

hi 3RDIGLBL,

seems pdf file is not allowed in attachment there, i try to attach a rar file.

any question,just feel free to contact me

VDS2850.rar

Wow... 1000', maybe fiber WAS a good idea. Video over UTP using active baluns would cover that, but that's pushing it for coax, and for RS-485. Definitely well beyond the range of 10/100 ethernet.