greenarrow1

Geo Vision 8.2 and Recent Windows Security Updates

I did the recent MS Windows XP pro security updates last tuesday and now I have no video for the cameras on the LCD display. I hooked up my portable display device and there are feeds and a video from the cameras but now the card itself is showing video lost. I checked all the settings and they are the same. I remember losing video once before but since that was almost a year ago I have no idea what I did to correct the video lost. I am running a D-Type 1480 card.

Is there anything I need to check for? The GeoVision Troubleshooter for Video Lost is rather lacking on info if it is the actual card problem or the software. Since my portable display device shows a video with a direct connect to the camera it is not the cables or cameras Well at least I went a year without any problems but my luck ran out Lol.

Have you tried un-installing the update,reverting back to before the update? or re installing GV soft. I cant think of anything else that would cause this if you did not make any other changes to the DVR. I'm sorry but this is exactly what I was talking about, no MS. updates , no anti virus , etc. don't fix it if its not broke! [GeoVision problem thread ] but then again maybe the problem is not related to the update,

For one since the videos are also accessed by remote viewing the computer must be secured. One must remember not everyone uses a closed system that just does a video stream to one computer. I chose GEO Vision because it came highly recommended along with its compatibility with Window systems. This is not the first time the video went down using GeoVision and this time I will write down everything I did to get it back. Since it has been almost a year since last time I do not remember what I did then to correct the problem.

Since I have feed from the cameras using my portable display device without using the GeoVision card I figure now it is either the card itself or the software settings. Since the settings are all the same in the software I have to isolate why the card is not rendering any video to the monitor. All cameras are out so it is not just one isolated one. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling GeoVision since the update could have corrupted the drivers. To bad GeoVision does not make Linux drivers as I would switch in a heart beat.

As far as the a/v it does not start up and is only used when I update it or run a scan. When I do this I turn off GeoVision. I did notice a reboot just before all this started because of a power failure which is noted in the logs. This was after the Window updates during the evening. My UPS reboots the system after the power is restored to power up items that get turned off from the power failure.