TreDEE

GE DVRMe CT II Wave Browser Trouble

Hey guys I am a little stumped and in need of some help. I am working with a GE Kalatel DVRMe CT II dvr that I am having trouble getting the internal wave browser software to work on. Here is what it breaks down to-

-DVRMe CT II DVR, with a run of Cat5 linked to a Linksys WRT300N router. Both pieces are running latest firmware.

-Time Warner/Road Runner Cable Modem

If I am on the LAN, I can access the cameras by either using GE Wave Reader, or by using Internet Explorer/Wave Browser.

Once I am off-site, and try to access remotely, I cannot get Internet Explorer/Wave Browser to work. The page will load up, activex loads fine, but when I try and connect, it wont. However, I can still remotely access using the software Wave Reader. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but the homeowner has a laptop with Windows Vista, and Wave Reader isn't Vista compatible at this point. Any ideas guys? Thanks for any help.

the activex plugin could be corrupt or not compatible with the version of IE you are using. delete the activex plugin in IE and try to reinstall it. double check that the IE version is the same for the internal pc that works vs. the remote that doesn't. wave uses the ports that activex will use so if one works the other should also.