atropine

Are outdoor dome's waterproof without an outdoor enclosure.

Hi,

I"ve got a panasonic speed dome. It's an outdoor model. But i'm not sure exactly what that means. I"M guessing it would have a heater and a blower but is the actual casing water resistant?

This is the scenario. I want to mount one under the eaves of the house in a wooden painted box which will definitely prevent the water seeping into the box, however the camera section of the dome will obviously be strutting it's head out of the bottom of the box. If I mount the camera in the box with the plastic dome section containg the camera jutting out from the box with a very small amount of casing also jutting out, so that the camera is placed well enough that I never se the box it's filming from when moving the camera up to the horizon.

So basically i'm asking if the clear dome section should be waterproof, and not allow water in, when an infrequent storm comes along and soaks the exterior of the box and the clear plastic dome camera section?

Marc is correct. I personally have several panasonic outdoor domes in use, and they are weatherproof, but neither came with a heater or blower.

Another thing to keep in mind ai that heaters/blowers often require your camera to take a different voltage than the standard 12v, so your standard CCTV power supply may not cut it.

If you have either the WVCW964 or WVCW974 yes it does have a heater unit. As long as your not submerging it it should be fine as it is IP66 rated. Generally IP65-IP68 is considered "weatherproof".

If you have an older Panasonic "Outdoor" Speed dome then let me know the model number and I can let you know.

hi,

It's a WV-CS850B. I don't need for it to have a heater and fan, i'm not in a cold area, it's just I thought it had one, due to the constant whir'ing noise it makes. It's going under an awning, so it will mostly get rain spray, and in bad storms when the rain is blowing in sideways it will get hit, but other than that it shouldn't have much contact with the weather.

hi,

It's a WV-CS850B. I don't need for it to have a heater and fan, i'm not in a cold area, it's just I thought it had one, due to the constant whir'ing noise it makes. It's going under an awning, so it will mostly get rain spray, and in bad storms when the rain is blowing in sideways it will get hit, but other than that it shouldn't have much contact with the weather.

The WVCS850B is a indoor PTZ, do not use this outside without an enclosure. That camera is not water resistant.