roach

my introduction and background in cctv on pc

I've been experimenting in cctv and smart home tech for several years now. I was using the Pico software for a long time. I wrote Visual BASIC utilities that monitored memory addresses so I could trigger events based on motion detection by the software. This includes SMS message to phone, email, alarm sounds, and electronic door locks. It was a means of adding features to a software that was otherwise limited.

Since I have learned Pico was not legitimate, I switched to zoneminder on Linux where I have been experimenting with it for an alternative low cost cctv solution. My long-term goal is to write software that works with it for sales and installation.

So far I've found zoneminder to be buggy and difficult to maintain. It is stable though. My programming ability on Linux platform is less sophisticated so I would like to find a windows solution to replace the Pico software I previously used.

I live in the midwest United States and have a background in computer and electronics with over two decades in the industry.