Sign in to follow this  
rpg

Please help me choose an outdoor night vision camera...

Main use/requirement of camera: To record and illuminate my driveway at night.

Camera Requirements: IR LED's range of 20m, outdoor/weather proof.

Camera distance from driveway: Approx 15-20m.

Budget: Max €200 ($270)

I'm a CCTV/Camera amateur so please excuse my ignorance! I have been searching for nearly two weeks for a suitable camera within my budget and unfortunately, have come up empty-handed. So I need some assistance/recommendations. I have a spare router and PC and I also have an AVE MultiView DR-16 DVR that a relative gave me so whether it's IP or analog I don't really mind. Recording from either is not a concern.

I have been looking at this IPCam on eBay for €100 and it seems quite reasonable, it's also wireless. Search for "WiFi Wireless Waterproof IR IP Camera & Client Software" or item number "230318606372".

I have also been looking at the iGuard IP-390E, it's slightly more expensive but I don't know why. Search for "IP-390E Wireless DVR IP Internet / Network CCTV Camera" or item number "120350050311".

Or should I get away from IP cameras and utilise the DVR I have with an analog camera? Will I get a better quality analog camera than IP with the same budget?

For reference, the reason I like the wireless IP cameras is that I will be able to view the camera directly from my laptop around the house. But this is not a necessity. I would prefer better quality over wireless capability, whether it's analog or IP.

The two IP cameras above only seem to record at 640x480 so that's roughly the same resolution as analog cameras?

I understand my budget is low, and this may restrict my options considerably, but I would appreciate any recommendations you may have.