Sign in to follow this  
flasecurity

High Res Speco Dome very dark at night

I just got the HT-8WMTDV Speco Dome camera. It seems to be a very good camera but I need to use it outside in low light. So far the picture is almost all black at night. Here is a link to the options the camera has, does anyone have any recommendations as far as adjustments for a better picture at night?

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/downloads/appcharts/8WMTDV0807.pdf

Thanks

HI!

It seems this camera is a color(daylight)-camera only, not a day/night so it is not built to be used in the darkness, it needs a 0,5Lux and color cameras needs about 10 times more light then a monochrome camaera.

But it had a very good warranty as well as much as 580TVL, would be intresting to see the video quality from it

JD

I just got the HT-8WMTDV Speco Dome camera. It seems to be a very good camera but I need to use it outside in low light. So far the picture is almost all black at night. Here is a link to the options the camera has, does anyone have any recommendations as far as adjustments for a better picture at night?

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/downloads/appcharts/8WMTDV0807.pdf

Thanks

It has a good picture during the day. I'll post a snap tomorrow. Would it be worth getting an infrared illuminator and keeping this speco cam? Or should should I get a speco intensifier cam?

I am afraid that a IR will not work here. I dont think this camera support IR.

JD

It has a good picture during the day. I'll post a snap tomorrow. Would it be worth getting an infrared illuminator and keeping this speco cam? Or should should I get a speco intensifier cam?

Looks like I'm going to have to sell it. I hate to do that but all I need are 24/7 outdoor cameras.

JD

Then I would suggest you look for a weatherproof Day/Night camera with IR, they comes in both box and dome as well as bullet housing.

JD

Looks like I'm going to have to sell it. I hate to do that but all I need are 24/7 outdoor cameras.

JD