resqinc

Panasonic CW 964 PTZ

Does any one know if the Pan. 964 PTZ can use Pelco protocals? Also how do you access the area for changing the camera number and such?

Thanks

Since none of the documents Panasonic has online list Pelco protocols, I would suspect not. It would require a serial connection, which it doesn't appear to have. The spec sheet has a diagram that shows an "I/O connector" but nothing specifies exactly what its purpose is.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=207163&catGroupId=15568&surfModel=WV-NW964&displayTab=R

Yes it supports Pelco P protocal. Please visit the link below for instructions:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/cctv/FAQ/10.RS-485_Configuration.pdf

Thanks for the lead on this, but can you go into a little more detail? From the FAQ I get that the DIP switches are setup differently for the addressing, but I don't see anything else to change on the camera. Then the question is, what do you change in the GV software to complete the "conversion"?

Shouldn't have to change anything in the software. Just make sure to set the GV software so that the camera is being controlled by Pelco-P.

I'm really not familar with the Geovision software though. I think others on the forum would know more.