Sign in to follow this  
rory

GE Ultraview - Forget it!!!

anyone actually ever get a good pcture from these ..?

Ive come to the conclusion that they are either just crap, or faulty. This is my 3rd one, same crappy image as the last one. The first one I had to send back, and still wasnt great, it was only used in a day time install. The last 2 are day, and at night, indoor retail apps.

Basically, they look like crap, have absolutely no low lighting capabilities, and when you do use the defaults the AGC makes the image look terrible. If you get a good picture in the day, then it looks like crap at night, im talking indoors now with lighting, day and night.

Sorry im bugging because I have gone through all the settings over the past 4 or 5 days and now im fed up, there is nothing left to do but send it back and get a regular camera. Ive emailed GE Tech Support but they cant offer me any help on this camera!!!!! They claim it is supposed to be the best, Yeah RIGHT!!! They need to drop that pixim crap as its not worth $$ they charge. I luve their 840 Exview cams great images, but this Ultraview is truly a waste of money t o get a terrible pixelised dull totally freaked out video image.

Back to backlighting until I try the Pano with SD2.

Rory