Sign in to follow this  
snyder

clean install problem

I recently did a clean install of XP pro and geo ver 8.2. I originally had the db files in a directory outside of the geo folder and all my video data on seperate drives. When I finsihed my install I pointed the db to the new folder and added the drives to the storage group folder. When I search the log files the dates show up but all have a question mark in the check box and will not play. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Hi!

There is a small program called Geodatabasefix or something, you can make a search for *.exe in the GV folder and you will understand which one.

JD

I recently did a clean install of XP pro and geo ver 8.2. I originally had the db files in a directory outside of the geo folder and all my video data on seperate drives. When I finsihed my install I pointed the db to the new folder and added the drives to the storage group folder. When I search the log files the dates show up but all have a question mark in the check box and will not play. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Thanks JD. What I ended up doing was going to Start > Programs > GV1480 > GeoVision Repair Database Utility. At that point I saw my drives in the window so I selected the use default path and checked the "Repair All Detail" option and it took about 14 hours but in the end all my data was there again.

Thanks

Hi!

There is a small program called Geodatabasefix or something, you can make a search for *.exe in the GV folder and you will understand which one.

JD

Thanks

Hi...

Try the RepairMDB utility that is inside c:/GV800 for exemple

insert the path and run the program

Regards !