cope49

Hard Disk Reformat

I have a Sanyo DSR-3009 and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to reformat the hard disk on this model video recorder? I keep getting a disk error on my screen and my recording mode halts, this error pops up and after turning it off for several minutes, turning it back on, it all works well....for a couple more days then it starts all over. Before I try to figure out how to replace the hard disk, I'd like to try reformatting it but can't find ANY sort of notes online on how this is done? If no one can answer that, can someone please give me advise on replacing the hard drive all together (such as make, model, do I have to load any sort of software on it and if so....HOW?? etc??) Thank you!!

Hi,

I found the manual for this DVR here and on page 76, it explains how to format ( or initialize as they call it ).

http://www.retrevo.com

Type in the model number in the search and you should get a result, which has a link to download the manual.

Not familiar with this unit so I cannot answer your question regarding reloading software, etc. I don't think so though. I would assume it to be an IDE drive. If formatting does not help and I suspect it will not, pull the drive and simply buy one that has the same specs.

I hope this helped and good luck with your effort.

Thanks

Mike

Thank you for your fast reply and I did just what you suggested. I simply removed the old hard drive and installed a new Maxter 7400 500GB Hard Drive however I'm still receiving the same error "Disk Error 1". Here's exactly what happens. I plug the unit back in, all lights appear and the screen shows "System Initializing", then an alarm starts sounding, the power button flashes and the words "Disk Error 1" appears on the screen. So since swapping out the hard drive didn't cure the problem I was wondering if you had any other suggestions? Thank you!!

Hmmm, interesting????

Again, not familiar with this DVR so I am only guessing. Maybe you could flash it with a fresh copy of the firmware???

Hopefully someone else on the forum has direct experience with this DVR so they could help more so than I can.

I'm sorry

Thanks

Mike