Sign in to follow this  
Chisel

Which BNC matches this crimper/die# for RG-59 coax?

Could any technician who uses the Paladin CrimpALL 8000, post the brand name and model no. of the BNC crimp connector he/she uses for RG-59 coax? I need only the three-piece version. Any compatible brand(s) and the specific order number on ID associated with them.

The die set particulars are as follows:

Die# 2034

Cable types: RG-58/59/62AU

Connectors :BNC/TNC

Crimp info(ins.).256"/.213"/068" Hex.

The dealer from whom I purchased the tool, sent me the wrong BNC connectors in my order. I contacted them for the information I am now seeking. They choose not to respond.

I then contacted Paladin;Close on two weeks and they too, have decided that they can't be bothered with customer service.

I appreciate your assistance.

The following is hopefully a little help to anyone considering purchase of the Paladin CrimpAll 8000 and who may be asking the questions that I have.

I am not recommending the purchase of any one tool over another but in fairness I have commented about the tardiness of Paladin's response to my enquiries and it is only just, that I report any change or information delivered.

I received a fairly comprehensive e-mail reply from an official at Paladin on February 17th 2009. Included were brand names and ID numbers of several connectors that have been tested for use with the die-set #2034. Evidently, the dieset is designed based on the typical Hex Crimp Cavity used on the open market connectors.

Paladin disclosed that they usually don't endorse any one specific connector and this is understandable.

how much variance could there be in shape and dimension, amongst BNC male three-piece crimp connectors designed for attachment to RG-59 coax?

My own conclusion without readily available brand-name samples is that this tool and specific die-set will crimp just about any of the commonly available connectors as specified above.

I am obliged.